Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Math is hard, lets go shopping

And that phrase molded the warped minds of little girls everywhere. At least until the consumer groups in the 80s made Mattel change the talking teen Barbi. Funny as that is, most young people (and I was in this group) didn't know anything about managing my finances when I got out on my own. As long as there will still checks there was still money right? Well, I learned my lesson pretty quickly after they quit accepting my checks anywhere and a few years after that finally had the mess cleaned up. Now days I still have my share of consumer/credit card debt to work down but I recall spending a lot of time cleaning up my credit report to buy my home. To that end, here's a great link for picking up your credit report for free from the big 3 every year.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?