Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, April 21, 2005

 

Coming down to it

This Sunday will see #35 of 37 super-satellite events for the College Poker Championships. I won my seat to the satellite so long ago that Royal Vegas has been sending me we miss you and want you back letters. I'm sort of anxious about the fact that in 4 weeks I'm going to be in a fairly sizable tournament that would definetly make getting through school much easier. To that end it's time to start getting back into the groove again so I'm planning to start hitting the tables again this week. Just got to wait for that silly deposit to go through.

I've been a bad reader. Basicly I check in on BG about once a week or so, and haven't been keeping up with anyone else really :( Being a bad reader hasn't seemed to affect being read though. Seriously, something must be wrong. When I was at it daily I got maybe 20-30 hits a day. I just happened to look a few minutes ago and my daily hits are in the mid 100s. WTF!? I hit 10k unique visits and I'm wondering if somehow StatCounter has lost its mind.

I'm sure you're curious how I've been filling my time away from the tables. Mostly Working (40+ hrs a week doesn't leave much time after sleeping), The boy is growing like a weed and is more fun than ever to play with, Everquest 2 (got to have some gaming in there), and oh yeah there's the wife. ;)

I've got some aprehension about getting back into playing again. I think it's safe to say that I'm a good card player, but not a great one. The funny thing is, aspiring to greatness can be a slippery slope for me. I can see now that I am/was very results focused. Granted to be able to track progress and identify good and bad trends you have to pay attention to your results, but perhaps being obsessed about them is going a little too far. If only somehow I could live the dream and replace my six figure slaving for the man salary with a six figure income from playing cards. Too old and too many responsibilities to just say fuck it and try to make it or break it playing poker and golf. Somehow, somewhere I'm going to own a golf course with a poker room in the club house. That's the end game right there ladies and gentleman. Step to work out the plan to get there.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?