Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

General: Stunning

Lets just say that I have been busy is a bit of an understatement. Honestly the pace of things doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon either. I'm off to Southern California in a couple of weeks to help out the True Dungeon crew at GenCon SoCal. I fly home on the boys birthday. Not the best timing in the world but with commitments made and plane tickets purchased it was too late to do anything other than make sure I can get home as early as possible. It's kind of hard to believe that it's been a year since he was born. He's walking around now with less and less assistance on things to hold on to and there's real communication with him now. This of course is one aspect of life that has kept my hands full. The other is continued activity on the game beta testing front. This month we're on to "Acts of War", an RTS being published by Atari, and after a bit of a learning curve to deal with the AI it's turning into a challenging but enjoyable game. The sad part is that all of this is a sad replacement for cards but it looks like I won't be able to re-fund my online accounts until January. In the mean time, there's plenty of freeroll action every Sunday on Royal Vegas for the CPC and Check n Raise is still doing quite a bit of beta testing on their java client. Honestly though I haven't been playing as much as I could mostly because I did I'd convince myself to invest the money and time that I don't really have right now.

*sigh* January is just around the corner and the itch is very much there. I've pretty much dropped out of the community as it were and that's a shame. I happened to look at stattracker this morning and was stunned to see that there are still visitors. Probably just mis-guided souls doing google searches but if I were really going for readership I'd probably be more on top of this. Since that isn't going to happen, I expect to pretty much be MIA until about mid-January and then back for the long haul. The number one goal for next year is to not get into a position where I canibalize my bankroll. We'll call that new years resolution #1. :)



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?