Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Monday, November 29, 2004

 

General: SoCal here I come

Thanksgiving was a nice laid back event with a little traveling involved to see family. Working on the principle of "receive and inflict no pain" it was all good. :) Dinner was traditional at the Father-In-Laws and I did my best to eat more than I should have. To get it out of the way, I'm thankful for my wife, my family, my friends, and most of all my son. I'm now putting the final touches on packing to fly out in the morning for GenCon SoCal. I'll be in Anaheim, CA until the 5th and fly home first thing in the morning to still arrive home after my sons first birthday party. On the one had this sucks, and on the other I don't have to be there when all the people are around. Don't get me wrong, I want to be there and celebrate the birthdays for the boy, but I have more fun with him when it's just me and him. When the rest of the relatives are around he tends to resemble a football in a hand-off drill. So I'm going to miss the party but I'm not too upset about it. I'm fairly certain though that the wife is less than pleased but that's life.

The thing that's killing me at the moment is thinking about 3-4 hours in the air plus waiting time in the airport. Since I have not yet moved into the iPod generation, I'm loading up my trusty mp3 player (non-expandable 128M Intel jukebox with a built in AM/FM radio). Song selections for the trip:

In addition to the music, I'm pulling out my "Dragonlance Annotated Legends" which has been on the shelf for quite awhile. Fortunately this serves two purposes, one I have some reading material, and two I can get it signed by Tracy Hickman since Margaret has already been kind enough to do so when it was mailed to me. I can't explain why the Dragonlance setting and series of books has always been my favorite, just accept that it is and the fact that Margaret has continued to expand on it pleases me to no end. My own Dragonlance PBeM campaign is still moving along though the time sinks from work have occasionally caused me some delays and pain.

Anyway, time to finish packing. Hope to have lots of pictures to share and I'll try to keep things updated as I go rather than try and find the time on the back end that just won't be there with the end of year rushing that is looming.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?