Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

 

Poker: 6520th out of 6965

Well, so much for settling in for a long night of poker. I put in a pot sized raise pre-flop with KJo (50) and have two callers. The flop is not too bad with K,K,T. I check and call a minimum bet. I think this was a dumb move because I wasn't paying to close of attention since I had trips with a decent kicker and no one played like they were holding big slick. The reason I think this was a mistake is beause there were 2 hearts on the board. It compounded when the turn brought a third heart. Since the J in my hand was a heart I figured it wasn't too bad off as far as things go I still had a one outer for quads and three for a house. So I pot it and the first guy bails and the other one doubles my bet. I think about it for a second and figure that he's probably not holding anything better than me and go ahead and shove which he quickly calls. Turns out I was right, he was holding K9o (no hearts) and I wasn't feeling too bad about the whole ordeal until the river brought a 9 giving him a house. With only 60 chips left I caught a pair of sixes and figured that was probably as good as it was going to get with the blinds getting ready to go up. I guess it just wasn't my nice since the flop gave the only caller trips and a house on the turn. Game over rover.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?