Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Sunday, October 24, 2004

 

Poker: 505th out of 2329

I played some great cards today in the CPC tourney. Using a combination of my cards and my opponents I was sitting a little over double the average stack just after the break having floated between 2nd and 20th of the remaining players most of the way. I guess I got cocky after the break and after seeing a couple of folks limp I raised it up to just over the pot to 1100 trying for a steal with ATo. So much for stealing, I catch 4 callers including both blinds. Hmm, that didn't work out so well but the flop is complete garbage. I've been at the table with the folks that are in for awhile and none of them raised PF so I figured they were on big cards and with a crap flop I can try for one more steal. That was a bad move. The pot was 4700 and I shoved all in. Everyone drops but the guy who stayed with crap cards that gave him two pair. Such is life. I'm not terribly unhappy with how I played. I would have liked to have done better but concidering I was a leader 90% of the time I'll accept that one mistake cost me and try and learn from it.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?