Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, October 15, 2004

 

General: Ugh

I don't really want to be posting now, but it's been a few days and I couldn't deal with the thought of letting this thing go for a whole week. I have a tooth infection where a little decay underneath a filling is killing me.... or rather the pain makes me think using a hammer to crush my jaw there would feel so much better. Back to the dentist today to see if I can get it cleaned up enough for the ammoxicillan to finish the infection off.

Thanks to the pain and the pain killers I slept through the $1500 freeroll I had been invited to on Royal Vegas. I'm sure my dead chips were appriciated by someone. :( Looking forward to the CPC MTT on Sunday and hoping to do better there than this last time. Hopefully the tooth pain will be gone and I can focus.

The Betas for Pirates and Axis & Allies have ended so that's both good and bad. Good that the games will be out soon (just in time for Christmas??), bad that the reality is I probably can't justify to myself going and buying them to continue playing them once the retail version is out. Something we didn't get to test in A&A was the single player campaign. That should be fun but I'm on the fence on that one. Pirates! is very cool, but also a huge time sink since mostly you're going at it and then look up and wonder how you could have spent 3 hours sailing a little boat around saying Argh! to yourself. It's addictive and that just means it's got good play/re-play value but not something I can see buying to try and work into my schedule. I suspect the SWG: JtL beta is coming to an end soon with a planned release date only 11 days away (Oct. 26). This has been a lot of fun and reminded me why I liked SWG in the first place. I will probably pick up JtL and continue my quest to become a Jedi as well as become a terror of the stars :)



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?