Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Sunday, October 03, 2004

 

General: On the Beta Testing front

On the beta testing front, I just picked up an invite to the Star Wars Galaxies: Jump To Lightspeed beta last week. From a timing perspective that works out pretty well as both Axis & Allies and Pirates! betas are both winding down and preping to go gold. Of course the irony here is that I just canceled my SWG account (that doesn't expire for awhile so no issues there) because I really didn't have the time to play any more. So far the game play isn't too much different in terms of movement from the standard SWG client. Additions include a Z axis and flying takes a little bit to get used to. They've added a couple of new races as well as new professions related to piloting and building ships. One of the things that is semi annoying is that you can't go from system to system unless you have a ship equipped with a hyper drive. I guess this makes sense but it would be nice if I could fly from system to system 'the slow way' if I wanted to. I'm not sure what else I can say about it but if you're playing SWG and on the fence about picking up the JtL expansion, at this point I can confidently recommend it.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?