Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Monday, September 27, 2004

 

General/Poker: Where did my week go?

Holy Cow! I haven't posted anything in a week and honestly I didn't even realize it. Not that I'm ignoring my blog or anything but between work and home there hasn't been much time to do anything other than eat, crap, and sleep. I played a little poker over the weekend but it was nothing to write home about. I think I actually ended up down a little after encountering my share of suckouts and hands that held up. I'm not sure how I feel about trying to blog about my play. I've not had a lot of time to read and study to make any real progress on improving my game and writing about the wins and losses just doesn't seem to hold any real interest for me. I think from a development standpoint I'm to the point where the bad beats really don't phase me very much.

I've backed off of my aggression a little bit but that has actually seemed to induce more suckouts (perhaps it's just misaligned perception). In either case, thanks to some truly monumental suckouts this morning, I've actually busted out online. Honestly, I'm not sure that I particularly care at this moment. With the boy growing like a weed and becoming both mobile and talkative he's much more interesting than when he was sleeping all of the time. Also, having picked up a new game to beta test (Sid Meier's Pirates!) I guess playing online has moved down in my list of priorities. It's funny how things work out. Two weeks ago, I couldn't find enough to do to fill my day, now I can't find enough day to fit it all in. I'll probably get back into it, but honestly it may not be until after the first of the year. I'll still try and get into any of the home games I can in the area but in the final analysis, I got to play a lot of poker for free, got some great new poker chips with some of my winnings, and got to take a much needed vacation on the rest of the winnings. That's a pretty good showing for a guy who has played less hands in 6 months than some people do in a week. So, there's no shame in imploding today. I'm not exactly happy about it since that means I'll have to resort to traditional savings to save up for the 2005 GenCon since my original plan was to build up the bankroll again to support another vacation.

What in the world will I blog about then? Despite the fact that this will probably alienate the few folks who have been reading this thing (according to StatCounter, ~40 return visitors a day) I'll continue blogging about my non-poker related stuff. This is a little depressing. I've always liked being a part of the poker blogging community, but it's hard to be a part of it when you're not contributing and frankly I haven't contributed much in the last couple of months so maybe I haven't been a part of it longer than I realized.

There's been a lot of stuff happening the last couple of weeks with the boy, the beta testing, and my tentative steps back into the role playing world. I'll get to those items tomorrow when I have more time. On top that, the weekend was another disappointing loss for my fantasy team. McNair has truely been a let down so far this season.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?