Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, September 17, 2004

 

General: A week with my brother

So my brother is headed back to New Mexico today after hanging out for a week while he was in Chicago for training. It was cool having him around but it was unfortunate that he wasn't able to schedule a little weekend time so that he could actually see some of the area and tourist type things. Fortunetly he is headed back around the 1st so hopefully I can get him involved in the work game that is happening on the 1st. I'm honestly not sure how well he does or doesn't play poker but I figured I would stake him and it would be a good time hanging out with the guys, knocking back a few beers, and playing some cards.

I've never really been close to my family. Not for any real reason other than I'm not particularly close to anyone other than my wife and son. I'm sure it's a personality defect but it's not something so horribly broken that I've felt it needs to be fixed. That being said, I had forgotten that I actually like hanging out with my brother. He's a little younger than me, but we have a lot of the same interests. He's actually looking for a job in the Chicago area so I'm kind of stoked that he may be moving into the area if he can find a gig. To that end I've been banging around my network of friends to see if they've got any openings for a unix/windows/os X admin. Hopefully something will turn up soon.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?