Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

General: Sifting through history

So I'm a bit of a pack rat. Not in the sense that I can't throw anything away, but I have a hard time letting go of things that I once had more than a passing interest in. For example, until a few moments ago I had a shelf of Dragon Magazines from 1979 through 1988. I say until a few moments ago, because I need room for other books and magazines and well, they are disposable. I mean really, the game has definitely moved on since 1988 although a lot of the cover artwork was really good I need to let go a little. What really brought this collection into perspective is that I happened to acquire the most recent issue of Dragon and Dungeon while at Gen Con this year. I was about to pitch them also when I noticed that Wil Wheaton had a column in Dungeon. That being the only thing I read from Dungeon I'm pretty glad I did. Wil was writing about cracking the books after many years so that he could run a game for his sons. That dude rocks. It makes me all the more anxious for my son to get a little older so that I can share with him the 'cool/geeky' things that I know and enjoy.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?