Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Sunday, September 05, 2004

 

General: Odds and Ends

There are a few things that really make me feel pretty dumb when I either can't figure out something that should be pretty easy to make work like the new version of Poker Tracker that's supposed to be able to do some auto analysis and determine the level of player(s) you're up against after a certain number of hands goes by. Still haven't been able to get it to work. I guess I'll just have to wait until it's out of beta and the documentation is better.

In other news, I went out to dinner this evening with the wife and a couple of friends. We ate at the Fogo de Chao here in Chicago. There's basically nothing finer than all you can eat meat. Just as we were sitting down to our table my wife notices that Kerry Wood and Matt Clement are waiting to be seated. Me, not being much of sports person, I didn't recognize them but the wife was basically leaping out of her skin. Of course, I do recognize that both of my brother-in-laws are HUGE Cubs fans. So my wife does the pee pee dance or something trying to screw up the nerve to ask for an autograph. Me, I'm like WTF? So there I am, I politely approach and say (remember, I'm not a sports person and barely recognize that this guy is a pitcher for the Cubs), "Excuse me, are you Kerry Woods?" Kerry, "Wood, yeah I am." .... So long story short, I probably came off like an ass by not even getting his name right, but he did give me an autograph for my brother-in-law that we're gonna get framed and give to him for his birthday.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?