Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 

General: Mid-everything blues

It is the middle of the week and the middle of the month. If there were any more things going on right now, I would probably have lost my mind.

For the last couple of weeks work has been about as interesting as watching paint dry. This week however things took a turn for the chaoticly busy. Projects that were dormant came to life just as I was trying to take on some other things to pass the time. Truely a case of be careful what you wish for.

My brother is in town for some training. It has been cool having him around and it reminds me that I generally do not get to see much of him beyond the once a year visit south for Chirstmas or Thanksgiving. I'll have to re-evaluate that as the boy gets older.

Speaking of the boy, he is sick again. After road tripping with his mother to grandmothers house (200 miles or so away) then to her friends house (also about 200 miles away oddly enough in a triangle fashion) and finally to home. With all that running around and exposure to other people (and apparently sick people) it is no wonder he feels horrible. To top it off, his bottom two teeth have come in and his others are starting.... who knew they would be so sharp.

I have started to really read the Small Stakes Hold'em book and am about 1/3 of the way through it right now. Nothing super revealing in there after months of playing and adapting to playing on Party, but I'll finish it up since there's always a nugget or two that appears when you need it most. I am not disappointed having picked it up, and as others have mentioned it is easier to read it than the other Sklansky books. If you are struggling with the low limit games, this may be a good purchase for you. If you are cleaning the fish regularly, then save your clams for something more useful.

I have been gearing up for my Dragonlance PBeM campaign and have noticed that a lot of rules have changed since first edition AD&D. That is ok though, I have been having fun getting back into the fantasy and role playing. Aside from getting into the 3.5e and Dragonlance stuff I also started looking at Eberron which is the new campaign setting for D&D. Some interesting stuff there. I've only read through the first couple of chapters of the campaign setting book but so far I am interested. The concept of action points is interesting and the setting has lots of room for just about any type of adventure. The concept of a world where magic is the rule rather than the extrodinary is a bit of a twist from other campaign types. The new races bring in some nice twists from other campaign worlds and at least something new in terms of the Warforged. For classes it's more or less the standard fair however psionics are more of a core rather than a rarity. Also they've added the Artificer which seems appropriate given all the magic that abounds. That's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll leave you with just two words, Warforged Monk.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?