Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Saturday, September 11, 2004

 

General: Don't second guess

For my fantasy football team I've got McNair and Delhomme and I had originally planned to use Delhomme this weekend, but let myself be talked out of it. I'm almost certain this is going to be one of those examples about second guessing yourself. The Tennessee vs. Miami game is over and Tennessee won it, but to judge by the play by play, you would think that McNair broke his arm in the first quarter. Lets see here, 14 attempts, 9 completions for a stunning 73 passing yards for the whole game. I should be thankful that he hasn't thrown any interceptions... oh wait, you have to throw the ball for that to happen. On an alternate note, there have been 21 penalties for 132 yards (14 of them and 77 yards for Miami) during this game. Every play where yards are gained looks like a fricken yo-yo. The yards lost for Miami would be worse except they got a few of those penalties in the redzone near the goal line so only lost a yard or so per penalty. I'm not bitter or anything. I'm thankful that the 1 yard pass into the endzone got me some points for that touchdown. Without that I think McNair would have racked up a whole 3 points for my team today. The moral of this missive, don't second guess yourself. Do your analysis, make your call and if you're still sort of on the fence, go with your gut, don't look to someone else to tell you how to play it (especially if they're in your league).



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?