Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Sunday, August 29, 2004

 

Poker: Bloggers Tourney Aftermath

I think, all things considered, that I made a passable showing of myself. 15th place out of the 77 Bloggers and Readers for the Montey Memorial. I suspect (more like hope beyond reason) that if Pacific had kicked in their part of the kitty, I'd have actually placed in the money. Perhaps that's just me trying to boost my ego.

I'm pretty happy with how I played, the readers were especially tough but I guess since they're not out blogging about how bad they play like I am, it would make it tougher to figure them out. The important thing is that I didn't embarrass myself. I played aggressive and had some ups and downs, the funny part was I suffered my downs with some of my best hands KK got pummled by TT. Then again I did my share of pounding. I believe I took out Al who had AA with my JJ that caught the set. Hmm, I guess that's a good point, I didn't place in the top 10, but I did take down a bounty. Since I have a full bottle of the gold label SoCo in the cabinet I think I'll ask Al to hold on to the bottle till Sept and pass it around so the bloggers can have one on me.

An hour passes from when I started writing

I couldn't help myself and sat around and watched the final table on the rail with the other bloggers, that was a great time. To top it off, Iggy represented the bloggers by taking 1st. Congrats Iggy!



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?