Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

 

Poker: Too busy to play cards?

I didn't think it was possible. Here I am a bachelor for a week (wife and boy are at a friends help her paint and pack for a move) and a little procrastination on top of some unforeseen complications at work have kept me pretty busy. Too busy to play cards. This has got to stop, I've only got a few days left of this kind of freedom! I should be playing some serious cards darn it. Ah well, I should be freed up after tomorrow so I'll be back in the game tomorrow night.

I've started playing multi table tournaments again on Sunday. One of the things that's going to be the toughest to overcome is the differences in play between limit ring games and no limit multi-tables. I did ok in my last one and placed 13th but made the mistake of not pushing all in at the right time and got myself beat by trying to be fancy and slow play my top pair, top kicker that was obviously the best hand until the river when the last person in caught his set.

I think one of the hazards of reading all these books is that once in awhile you have an attack of Fancy Play Syndrome (FPS). The lesson here is to stay true to my game and not try and get cute just because I think I might get a few more bets when it's more likely I'll give my opponent a chance to catch up.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?