Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, July 16, 2004

 

Poker: Poker Foo

It's actually been a pretty bland last couple of days.  Nothing too exciting to report on the personal poker front, I'm still hacking away at Absolute (primarily $2/$4) and if not getting the very best of it, at least finishing each session up.  I am anticipating an excursion to the local riverboat on Saturday for some live poker.  The tables are $2/$5 and were pretty loose the last time I went.  History should not repeat itself this time though since I actually have an idea of how to play a limit game and am not making the transition from NL like I was last time.
 
Since my play at limit has been relatively solid I'm going to stick my toes back into the water on the NL side by playing in the multi-table tournaments.  As I've gotten through more of Super System I'm gaining more confidence since many of the playing habits I've developed over the last few months are at least recognized, if not emphaticly promoted by Mr. Brunson.  After I get through the last 100 pages or so, I'll put it back on the shelf for awhile and start reading Sklansky's book on Tournament Poker
 
In a one off thought you got to wonder about the popularity of poker and its impact on the lower end of the gene pool when you read in the paper about some fool and his friends trying to spice up their poker play by adding Russian Roulette to the mix.  I think Steel_Rain put it best when he said, "Winning at that game has a negative EV."   I mean really, what kind of game are you playing where the winner gets the gun to their head, shouldn't it be the other way around?



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?