Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Saturday, July 03, 2004

 

Poker: Play review

Played on Party and Ultimate Bet the last couple of days. Party has been it's standard fair but I've only managed to stay even which in the face of some of the tough beats that almost took me out is pretty good. Unfortunately my amazing comebacks are only bringing me back even with where I started. On UB it's been a slightly different story. In one session I ended up reloading 3 times and got pummeled in the most fish infested game I've ever played. I mean we're talking an average of 7 or 8 people seeing the flop and 4 or 5 seeing the river. What pummeled me here is that because so many people were with basically anything goes I was having a hard time placing anyone on a hand and my good hands (second best) hands were costing me a lot to play.

Played a friendly low stakes home game this evening and had a lot of fun. The best hand of the night for me was quad 8s that I was able to get fairly cheaply in a game of auction. I'm pretty happy all in all with the way I've been playing lately. I'll continue to try and recover the beating I took on UB to get back to at least even there which will net a $100 gain to the bankroll and then I plan to move over to absolute and clean up on the 35% bonus they're offering this month (max $210 bonus on $600 deposit). Obviously my goal here is to continue building my bankroll and improve my game as I move into 1/2 and work towards 2/4.

One of the things I've noticed at least in the blogging population is that many people are suggesting that there isn't much difference in the level of the game. Maybe it's worth taking a shot now, then again I'm just starting to feel solid about $.50/$1 but I'm not consistently beating that game as much as I would hope. Aw well, I'll keep chewing on that thought for awhile and continue on the current path to $3/$6.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?