Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, July 30, 2004

 

Poker: On to Empire

So last night was my last night on Absolute. I cashed out pretty much what I bought in with ($601 to be precise) which still leaves me down about $144 from my start of this month and down $410 from my peak earlier this month. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really obsessed with my bankroll, it really is there just for tracking purposes. On the other hand, It's hard to feel too proud when you have a setback. Any who, I'm headed on to Empire as soon as the withdrawal clears, for what it's worth, my account name there is 'teh_Mellow' since I can't use 'sloejack' like I do everywhere else. I'm not 100% sure why I picked that name, but it looks a bit stupid and maybe that will grant me a minor advantage.

At Absolute I played everything from $0.25/$0.50 up to $5/$10 because frankly, there just isn't much action there. Getting back into Party land I'm thinking I'll start back at $1/$2 since I definitely feel I have a strong game there and may move up after checking out the $2/$4 games and finding them sufficiently juicy. Like I said before, my goal is to get the bankroll up to $2000, be playing $3/$6 as my regular ring game level, and basically use the excess to work on my MTT efforts or toys for home.

For what it's worth, based on the reports regarding the software and such, I'm not anxious about the blogger tourney being hosted on Pacific. It doesn't mean I wouldn't play, just that by all accounts, it's not confidence building. Then again Absolute wasn't a real picnic regarding their client either so what do I know. Out of curiosity, why are the 'major' sites not looked at for this sort of thing? I'll probably have to go post on Iggy's blog to get an answer to that one.

Speaking of annoying aspects of the Absolute client, I joined a MTT last night before I realized how late it was, upon realizing I really should go to bed instead I tried to unjoin from the tourney. No go. I tried closing windows, logging out and back in, nothing. So now I'm registered to a tourney I can't get out of. I sat for a few rounds and tried to play it, but I think the only thing worse than playing on tilt is playing when you don't really want to.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?