Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, July 16, 2004

 

Poker: A Milestone of My Own

So today my poker bank roll cracked $1000.  This is pretty significant considering that when I started this blog three months ago I had been riding pretty high on the SNG hog and then plummeted down to the verge of busting completely out in early June and quitting online poker.  Fortunately rather than blaming the game, I hit the books and actually learned how to play better.  I hit a nice streak with the limit games on Party.   Bonus whoring provided a nice boost to recover from the down times early last month so I can't knock that boost there.  This month a combination of chasing bonuses and solid play is keeping the stack moving in the right direction.
 
I've been trying to really settle on what my goal is.  Before my goal was simple.  Play and do well enough to keep playing without having to put more money back into it.  If I dropped to the point of having to recharge, I was done.  Now I think I've definitely achieved that goal and it's time to set a new one.  Looking back on my end of month review from a few weeks ago, I'm thinking that my new goal is to work up to the $3/$6 level and be able to play that regularly.  I'm envisioning a bank roll cap of $2000 and then drawing the surplus off weekly, if there is any.  That can be my hobby money for buying computer toys and games or whatever.
 
I've thought more about trying to take it farther, but being somewhat obsessive compulsive, I think that if I took my game beyond $3/$6 I may fill my head with delusions of trying to do this full time and make a living off of it.  Anyway, enough day dreaming, back to playing with the boy.





<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?