Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Monday, July 26, 2004

 

Poker: Grinding back up

I'm finally getting back to the tables today, with the net result of being up, but with more swing than I'm used to. I wouldn't say the time away didn't keep things fresh in my mind on how to play or who I was playing against (The player pool on Absolute just isn't that big). I would say though that I'm still fighting the demon to try and recover what I lost. It just isn't going to happen like that. Funny how the psychology of playing has been a much tougher thing to beat lately than it used to be. I'm not sure if it counts as being on tilt, but I've noticed that I've been taking a few more long shot plays to try and scrape a big pot, only to lose a big portion of my stack. Of course after recognizing what I just did I tighten back up and play solidly until I'm back up and then when I'm least expecting it, I do it again. I must be out to sabotage myself.

My new book from Amazon.com arrived today, "Championship No-Limit & Pot-Limit Hold'em." I'm looking forward to getting into it, but I started gearing up for school which starts on Monday so I've got some more pressing reading to do right now.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?