Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Saturday, July 24, 2004

 

Poker: Friday Night Home Game

Before I forget too much of things in the excitement of the weekend, I wanted to get one more post out. I had the opportunity to play in a SNG type of tourney at a home game I found on Home Poker Games Friday evening. It was nice meeting some new folks in the area, and the game itself was a fun mix of almost no-experience up to experienced players. I personally busted out on the bubble trying to make a move that I had hoped would run off the opponent that was playing pretty conservatively but I picked the wrong time to make that move and busted out. Regardless, it was a great time, and I'm looking forward to doing it again next month. The only progress I made this week in poker was in a negative direction overall so I'm not sure if this is just the slump after almost a month of nothing but gains or if the various distractions have kept me from actually playing well. I suspect somewhere in there I'm still dealing with the psychological blow of hitting the $1k milestone and then blowing. I'll get past it and move forward again but for the time being I know where the tables are at and will probably finish out the weekend hanging with my boy and wife and get back on the horse on Monday.

For those of you who are on Poker Stars, or thinking about checking out Poker Stars, they are running a deposit bonus promotion until July 27. They'll add on 20% up to $120 max ($600 deposit). This promotion is gearing up for the WCOOP.

In completely unrelated news, school is starting up again on August 2nd. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. We started looking at houses today since we've begun to outgrow the one we're in now. It's still mostly in the talking stages, but if I have to starting getting the financials in shape to deal with taking on a bigger house, school may have to sit on the back burner.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?