Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

 

Poker: All that and a bag of shit

So I'm continuing to work my bonus off at UB and took another stab at $1/$2. Can you say lawn dart? I thought I played well, but it's hard to win against hands where I had AKo, raise and re-raise pre-flop, flop the straight so I raise, re-raise, and bet the turn only to get rivered by the fellow who stuck it out with K5s I figured him for chasing the straight but when the 3rd heart hit the river and he bet out instead of checking I knew I was proper fucked and did my crying call to see what shit I had been screwed with. So I busted out of that table shortly after the few hands I played completely missed by the flop and figured I'd give it a go at $1/$2 six max figuring that I might have a better time where my hands could stand up better. I only thought the 10 handed games were loose and fishy, I think six max games define it. I didn't catch many cards but was able to recover 13 BB so I figured I'd go flex my $.50/$1 muscle and see how it faired. Now I'm catching cards and can do no wrong. The sad part is that to recover the losses at $1/$2 I have to play twice as hard at $.50/$1.... go figure. Well, I'm recovered... cleared some more bonus from UB and now I think I'm gonna go play a round of golf if I can get on at the course.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?