Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, July 29, 2004

 

General: Inspirational Messages

Why is it that most inspirational messages are surrounded with religious propaganda? That question right there should give you some idea on my feels regarding religion, but just in case it's not clear, I'm not a religious person, and do not believe any higher power or entity other than myself and my will to improve and succeed as an individual. I got a chain letter from my aunt today about a woman and her fork. The premise is that the woman is dieing and asks to be buried with her fork. The apparent reason for this is because while growing up, at dinners she was always told to keep her fork when the table is cleared and knew that meant that a nice treat was coming. The moral of the story is then to keep your fork because something better is always coming.
Granted a story like that can be more personal and moving than, "Keep your head up, it can only get better."



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?