Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, June 24, 2004

 

Poker: The Low Limit Debate

So I've been going back and forth with Steel_Rain for a while on the proper way to play low limit games ($0.50/$1 or $1/$2 in this case). His position is that when the opportunity arises, you should always bet for value. On the surface I agree that when you've got the advantage you want to try and maximize the profit for your play. The part I disagree with is that with low limit "No Foldem Holdem" more often than not, when betting for value, especially pre-flop, you're only making the pot odds more in favor of the call anything, chase anything, player. I'm just starting to read Winning Low-Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones right now, and while I haven't seen anything to support my position on this, I also haven't really seen anything to dispute it either. I'm trying to sift through the 2+2 forums as well to see if there's any guidance there, but for the moment I'm just kicking the idea around trying to find some supporting evidence. Maybe there isn't any, who knows.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?