Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Sunday, June 27, 2004

 

Poker: Hanging with the Hilton Sisters

So I'm hanging on Paradise with Steel_Rain and playing $0.50/$1 with my meager little bankroll there. All in all, I think the ring games on Paradise are a little tougher than the ones on Party but there's still plenty of action to be had and last night was no exception. After suffering a number of second best hands my stack was getting pretty low (down to <$4) and I'm figuring I'll just wrap up a losing session when it's all gone. Fortunetly for me the Hilton sisters stopped by before I could leave.

The first hand was QQ with a flop of 2, Q, and Q. The only money made here was because I was able to cap it pre-flop with one caller. However, that gave me some momentum because I took down the next hand with A5. The next hand was crap (T3 off) so no play there and then the sisters made their curtain call. In my hand is Q, Q and I capped the pre-flop. The flop was Q, 6, 3 and I capped the betting again working it down to heads up against the same person I was up against 4 hands ago. I figured they were not going to be pushed out of a pot since I had done it before. The turn was 7 and we cap it again. I'm figuring KK or AA for my opponent, or possibly AKs spades and with that thought comes the scare card, 9 on the river. Ah well, no time to back down now. I bet, and my opponent calls, so it scared them too but with the call I was pretty happy figuring I had it. Sure enough, my opponent turns over A, A and my Queens held up to crack their rockets.

It's funny how a little streak like that will keep you around the table a little longer. I played a little more before finally calling it a night. I fully recovered from the disaster before and actually walked away up $1 which considering I got to play with my friend at the same table, and had some fun playing cards is more than I could ask for.... even though that same friend made a huge suckout the day before chasing his flush to the river. Bastard. :)



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?