Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

 

Poker: Fishing at $0.50/$1 on Party

Nothing exciting to report except that I'm continuing my fishing at the $0.50/$1 on Party and finishing each session up, if even only slightly (+$4 yesterday). Then again it's not that hard to do when I only sit for 45 - 60 minutes at a time.... it almost feels dirty like a hit and run but it is what it is so I'll get over it. Yesterday was somewhat annoying, after 30 minutes I had almost doubled up my buy in and the wife just arrived home so I figured one more hand and then I'm gone. I've got KTs and I'm heads up against someone I had smacked around a few hands earlier. We capped out the betting pre-flop and the flop brought K,J,x to give me top pair and the person has checked so I bet it out and they called. I had em on a pocket pair and didn't feel bad when the turn brought a 9 and I raised it up to which they called. Now having played a few hands on faith I can't complain too much, but I got rivered hard when a T came up and my suspicion about the pocket pair was right when they check-raised my bet that I called to show pocket Qs giving them the straight to my two-pair. Aw well. It's times like this when I wish I could play longer because I tend to get a decent read on players pretty quickly after seeing the cards they play and how they bet and just am not able to apply endurance to busting them up like feel I could.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?