Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Monday, June 14, 2004

 

Poker: Catching Up

So I've been taking a beating at the SNGs both on Party and Paradise this last week so I've changed up my pace a bit and started fooling around with the $0.50/$1 games in both places. So far I'm ($1.75) (196 total hands over 4 sessions, 203 min.) at Paradise and I'm $39.25 (105 total hands over 2 sessions, 92 min.) at Party. I suspect one of things that is keeping me from doing well is the amount of time I'm actually playing.

I saw something that looked really suspicious on Party yesterday, a new person comes in and sits at the table for $5 when the game finally lets him play, he caps the pot every betting round on the round he's in until he's all in. He lost, bailed and then a hand or two later so did the guy that won. Now to be fair, the guy that won did have rockets, but for some reason something about what happened didn't sit well. Part of it could have been that I lost $7 in that little exchange, but that's life. Fortunetly, 5 hands later karma came back around and made up for it.

I'm UTG+1 and dealt Qh, Kd. UTG folds, I call, everyone else calls (5 handed). The flop is scary with 8c, As, and Jd. I'm looking for a Tx and thinking to myself is it worth the call to chase it. Somehow I rationalize that it is (I couldn't tell you why really, I just felt that it was my turn) and called. Four of us are still in it at this point and the pot is sitting at $4.5 when the turn brings me Th and I'm on easy street with the nut hand. The button bets and I raise it. The person to my left folds but the other two call. Going to the river, there are 3 of us and the river brings 7h so now life is good and about to get better. The button checks and I bet only to get raised by the fellow to my left. The button calls and I raise it up again and the fellow to my left caps it leaving me and the button to call. Payday baby! The button had two pair As and 8s. The fellow to my left had a J - 7 straight. I took down what I concidered to be a monster scrape for this type of table of $21.50 with my A - T straight.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?