Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Friday, May 28, 2004

 

Poker: Trash talking

So I got a game in during some down time this evening and I'm playing a SNG on paradise when I recognize someone I've played against before because he starts talking trash after I push him out of a hand. I must be out of karma points because the guy busted me out a little later. I'm a big boy and can handle the ribbing, no problem there, but it got me to thinking. I've been a witness to quite a bit of trash talking during games and have to wonder how much of that comes from the fact that the anonymous twit at the giving end doesn't have to look their target in the face. It seems silly to me to exert that kind of energy to a faceless person just to try and get under their skin or anything like that. It's much too easy to just turn off the player dialog. I just have to wonder what someone like that thinks they're going to get out it besides the ego masturbation. *shrug* Ah well, just one of those random thoughts I had.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?