Sloe Times

A journal of my adventures in learning and growing personally and professionally

Thursday, May 20, 2004

 

Poker: Pocket 6s are the Devils Playground

Game 1: I'd first like to say that if this were a ring game, I would have gotten up and walked away 30 hands before I finally busted out at the 6th orbit with 8 other people still at the table. I tried to take advantage of this table and was able to just once, all other times the flop was just not kind to me. So here's the run down. Blinds are 50/100 and I'm dealt 6h-6c.
I've got T354 and I'm about frustrated with this game and shove. I pick up one caller who has 5d-5s. After a brief thought of the flop including two 5s, the flop comes 6-4-A, followed by A and 7. yay I finally got a hand to pay off! The frightening thing is that 66 was the best hand I got in this game, I think it would have been an easy game to beat with this crowd if I had some cards to play.

Game 2: Who stays on a T120 bet the 3rd hand into the SNG with 58s pre-flop? Unfortunately the winner but I mean come on! I've got 66 and the flop is 6h-9h-7c. My mistake here was calling a T440 bet with my trip sixes thinking the other folks staying were on big pairs (TT..AA) I mean really, who stays on 5-8 with a preflop bet 12x the blind? Now to be fair to the first fool, the one who bet T440 after the flop putting himself all-in, was sitting on Q9 (top pair). As it turns out the 3rd fellow who also called the bet (bringing himself all in) had the pocket rockets. So there's four of us in on this thing and here comes the turn, 3s, no help. Two guys are all in, it's me vs. the SB and I had 10 more chips than he did so I shoved. He called. Now at this point I guess I can see this call, he's got the straight and it's damn near a straight flush because he's holding 8h 5h. I'm still stunned that he stayed in for the flop. Now, I'm praying for a 6, 9, 7, or 3. No such luck the river brings more garbage, Ts. I'm down to T10 and a predictable end follows 3 hands later. :(

Game 3: I must have some super secret note on my account that gets broadcast to every player that says the game will deal them the winning hand if I'm in the pot. Nothing spectacular except for some garbage and some second best hands during this game. The final blow comes during the 5th orbit with AKo. I raise preflop to 200 (bb is 100) and I get 2 callers. The flop is kind to me with 2-K-T. It goes check, bet T100, I raise to T200. Followed by fold, call. Now, knowing what he's holding as I do now, I'm absolutely convinced of this secret note. The pot is 1050 and the turn is a 2. This fellow is bigger stacked than me and shoves. For this guy given how he's bet and played previously this screams bluff... or maybe it screamed "GET OUT!" and I heard bluff. Anyway I call, show my A-K and start looking for this note when I see him turn over 24o. Of course at this point unless a K comes on the river I'm beat by the trip 2s. River comes and it's another T, a house for the opponent. Game over, good night Lucy, -$66 for the night.



<< Home

Archives

May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?